Thursday, April 19, 2012

"Home"

A piece i have been working on for the last few days really has me thinking on the meaning of 'home.'

For every person the word means something different. A place to put your head. A place to keep you warm and safe. A place that is welcoming.

It's a gathering place, plain and simple.

Laughter, tears, yelling. Happiness, sadness, rage. Home is home, and in this i have found my self looking at the world around me again going, well am i home? I would say yes, and no. Home to me is two different places under the same title.

Home is where i grew up, the people that i love and the memories i have of childhood.
Home is Also where i make my own stand against the world, it is also where i must create my own happiness.

Presently that is  2701.31  Kilometers away from one another. So it's a strange feeling i have when i look around myself and say i am home. That is only after all half the truth, and when ever i get back to where i grew up, and say,"I'm home" that again will only be half the truth.


Strange how life goes, and one finds themselves in the presence of such a place in life? Maybe this is how some of my own characters feel.... Could be an interesting angle.  



No comments: