Monday, December 19, 2011

Aversion to Social Networking....and a little something extra

I know it has been a few days since I have written a bog entry. I do apologize for that, but between the holiday rush and getting the frantic hustle and bustle of life in order I have not had the hours in the day to write up a bog entry and keep up with my own deadlines.

In light of this, I think it's high time I put a little more of a personal touch to this blog entry for any of you who happen to be reading and caring what I have to say.

So up until a little while ago I was strongly averted to ALL social networking.

When I say averted; I mean while I did have a FaceBook; I found it an obnoxious time consuming boredom enticing waste of my day. I refused to subscribe to twitter, and to MySpace or any of those other sites. So needless to say when I started on my trek to seriously achieving my published status as an author-- I rolled my eyes and groaned at the prospect of making social networking a part of me everyday life.

In hind sight, one side of me still  groans over the idea of posting to FaceBook and Twitter AND my blog, and some days it really does feel like a full time job with no pay and no benefits. While that is technically the case if taken literally.

The other part of me is over joyed at the reception both my fan page, and my Twitter has gotten when I do post. I find myself checking my Blog status to see what countries are reading what I am saying and how many times my page is accessed daily.

It’s a thrilling environment and so fast paced that it takes up most of the time I would have been spending on  flash games doing absolutely nothing of value. Where as now, I find my words are being listened to and advertising goes along way to having people looking forwards to Excerpts of my Novel, or even (shockingly) release information on the novel-- that is still a work in progress.

It gives me a small taste on what it’s like to be a celebrity. It also adds a new depth to the world that I had been missing.

So what is my current standing with social networking?

It’s still torn between the groaning disposition of putting my life on display and the thrilling expectations that someone somewhere actually cares enough to read what I say. I am however leaning more towards the Accepting status of Social networking.

Also, considering when I got my new phone, I couldn’t wait to get a wi-fi connection to download the FaceBook and twitter apps from the market so I can keep connected even while on the go.

Forgive my nerd-ism here, but I wonder if this is what it’s like to be assimilated by the borg?

~x~

In other news, My Novel The Hourglass is progressing smoothing through stage two of the writing process, and I am hoping by this time next year to have it out in all forums of media. And to give you a small view on what I have been working on here is an awaited excerpt from the novel.


 Adrian Grey was a hunter of very particular tastes, so particular in fact that he more often than not found himself lazing in a tree then hunting. After all, the game that he went after rarely showed them selves to the human population. 
 Today was no different then any other normal day. Adrian was staring at the canopy of Argoth forest, his grey eyes holding a bored expression. Even his day job had proven to be rather slow. 
 “Damn wolves… they had to just go and attack that hiker.” he muttered to himself as he sat up. A long stemmed leaf stuck between his lips. “Not that I can really blame the wolves, they where doing what came naturally to them. It’s the stupid human’s fault.” 
 He spat the leaf out from his mouth and glanced at the forest floor some thirty feet below him. The breeze toyed with the life around him sending the leaves of the trees frolicking with the new-day light. 
 Normally a day like the one he was facing would bring him some kind of peace and contentment. 
 Something was disturbing that very peace and it irritated the hell out of him that he couldn’t figure out what it was. 
 The nights of late had not been restful. For some unknown reason Adrian found himself being awakened every few hours. 
 He loathed nights like that, for they generally spelled trouble following closely. 
 “Didn’t help the moon was vacant from the sky.” he muttered under his breath, swinging his legs around the thick branch that served as his perch. As his legs dangled the dangerous expanse of near empty space between himself and the ground, his eyes watched the forest around him. 
 It was both his home and his hide-away. So naturally everyone who wanted to acquire the services of an Expert Myth hunter such as himself knew exactly where to find him. This included fellow hunters.
 ‘Like this jolly-ol’chap here.’ He silently mused as he watched the tall undergrowth shifting as someone picked their way rather noisily towards his house. 
 “Rathbart! Some Hunter you are! You can’t manage to sneak up on a human being, how the hell do you think you’ll manage against a Myth?” He called out watching the movements stall. 
 “Silver eyes get out of hiding! I have something that I need to talk to you about!” The gruff out of breath voice called back. 
 A sly smirk presented itself on Adrian’s lips as he slid off his branch to land-- rather gracefully in his not-so-humble opinion; on a branch below him. Straightening to his full height of six feet even, he lazily walked along the branch to a connecting branch, leading to a neighbouring tree. 
 “Forest express at your service.” He whispered to himself in a mildly amused manner. 
 Adrian was of a mind that roads where needless expansions of human territory, humans didn’t need to rip apart nature to get where they wanted to be. 
 The Myths certainly didn’t. 
 His lazy walk following the natural highway through the trees brought him to stand directly above a stout older man who appeared to be completely oblivious to the fact that he was even there. 
 “You know if I wasn’t in such a bored mood, I could have paid you back three times over for your little job last month.”  

This is my treat to all of you out there who follow this blog, It’s also my form of apologies for not being around to post more! Hopefully this shall change (or that I will have something of value to put up here soon)

Happy holidays to everyone, no matter what tradition or holiday you follow (if any at all.)


Copyright 2011@Trisha Ellen (All works are the subject of the authors copy write and my not be used in part or whole for any reason with out the expressed permission of the author. Plagiarism is against the law, so in short, just don't do it!) 

No comments: